Quite a long time has passed since the last content update, all this time the development of the content was carried out and now we are ready to announce the following large list of new things that will be available in the game around the beginning of August:
Two new zones — Nazjatar and Mechagon
After the assault in Dazar'alor, both the Alliance and the Horde are recovering from the battle and licking their wounds. With both factions losing an important amount of ships, it is a perfect time for the Naga to strike. As we venture into the great blue beyond, we find a crack leading to an ancient land. Between waterfalls, we fall into the ancient land of Nazjatar. There are many storylines scattered across Nazjatar, which culminate in taking the fight straight to Queen Azshara.
Mechagon is the capital of the Mechagnomes, ruled by King Mechagon, is a society where the more robotic parts you have, the higher up you will be.
Each zone comes with a large zone to explore and two new reputations per faction to acquire reputation for (Rustbolt Resistance and The Unshackled / Waveblade Ankoan). Exploring the continent and acquiring Revered with each of your faction's new reputations will earn you «Battle for Azeroth Pathfinder, Part Two», allowing you to fly in all of Battle for Azeroth's zones!
Heart of Azeroth Essence system
The Heart of Azeroth will also play a larger role in this patch with a full quest chain (starts with Essential Empowerment) and the brand new Heart of Azeroth Essence system.
Essences are new items that drop from various activities in World of Warcraft.
- Essences have two effects on them, one major and one minor power.
- Players may place an Essence in every unlocked Major or Minor slot in the Heart of Azeroth.
- You'll unlock new Essence slots and access Stamina nodes as you level up your Heart of Azeroth.
- The major power will only be activated if the Essence is placed in the central Major slot.
- The minor power will be activated if the Essence is placed in any Minor slot or the central Major slot.
- The same Essence cannot be placed in multiple slots.
- Essences must be learned at the Heart Forge, but can be swapped out in any Rest Area.
- There are four Ranks of Essences with Rank 2 being more powerful than Rank 1 and Rank 3 being more powerful than Rank 2. Rank 4 is a purely cosmetic change.
Azshara's Eternal Palace: opening of the new 8.2 Raid
Deep within Nazjatar, we will find the queen of tides' abode, Azshara's Eternal Palace. Initial plans for 8 bosses, including a Naga Hatchery, underwater boss, and Queen Azshara.
The continuation of the War Campaign
New character storylines are being told in Rise of Azshara, focusing on Sylvanas, Saurfang, Jaina Proudmoore, Anduin and Magni.
According these changes many other things will be chenged in the game:
- Overall Item Level increase: Mythic Azshara's Eternal Palace dropping Item Level 445 Gear and an increased Item Level from Mythic .
- All of the dungeons have been updated for 8.2: they will be harder but give better rewards.
- New Season: In PVP, the Notorious Gladiator season will start, while in Mythic a new affix will replace Reaping: Beguiling
- New Mythic Seasonal Affix, Beguiling.
- The Titan Residuum vendor will be updated.
Of course, this is not all the content that has appeared in BFA, but the developers continue to work on all the content, and as soon as anything else is fully ready, we will announce it and will definitely add it to the game!
More details on the exact date of installation of this update will be announced a few days before the update itself.